Adding extra space to the home is not something most people would consider a trend. For many, additional square footage means more comfort and added enjoyment. A sunroom meets the need for additional space but it is versatile enough to be used for a variety of purposes. Here are some good reasons to make this investment.
- More light. In many homes, especially older ones, natural lighting is inadequate. A sunroom can let in plenty of light, without the worry of the interior being exposed to the elements. This can lighten your mood and make your home more pleasant overall.
- Increased value. Extra square footage is always a good idea because it increases the value of a home. A sunroom provides extra living space that is even more appealing with its outdoors feel.
- Less maintenance than a deck. A deck’s exposure to the weather will take a toll after some time. It sometimes requires daily sweeping to get rid of windblown twigs and leaves. Sanding and staining a deck is a chore that some people put off leading to rot and other types of damage. With a sunroom, which is essentially a covered deck you will have less maintenance to deal with.
- Enjoying the outdoors. This type of addition lets you enjoy the outdoors at any time without the usual annoyances such as bugs and airborne grit. Use a screen for one or two sides to create airflow and make the space cooler.
- Family togetherness. This is the ideal spot for the family to spend time together. If the space is big enough, you can have a separate area for children.
Ways to Use a Sunroom
There are plenty of ways to make use of this additional space. Some of these are:
- Playroom for children
- Reading room
- Telescope observatory
- Home office
- Entertainment room
- Hobby room
With a sunroom you can enjoy summer days without the heat, or winter days while staying warm. You can convert an existing deck into a sunroom and save some money on the construction. This could be a good idea if you are looking for ways to upgrade your deck. While there are plenty of contractors out there, one that specializes in these types of additions will help you to get the most for your money.
Call us if you’d like to talk about building a sunroom in 2017 so you can comfortably enjoy all four seasons. We’re located in New Kensington and provide remodeling and home improvement services to homeowners in the Pittsburg area.