Kitchen remodeling provides all homeowners the ability to transform their kitchen into an entirely new home. At Michael F. Whalen Construction, we understand the importance of creating a space where you can feel at home, only better. Our goal is to help you create an amazing kitchen that will become the perfect space to cook meals and entertain family and friends.
Ideas for Your Kitchen
You probably have a good idea of what you would like to include in your kitchen remodeling project. But we would like to offer up some additional ideas for your consideration. Take a few minutes to read through this list of ideas:
- New Appliances – One of the most exciting things involved in a kitchen remodeling project is upgrading appliances. Brand new appliance models come out every few years, so if your appliances are older than five years old, you will be able to find some very nice upgrades for your new kitchen.
- Open Shelving – Open shelving offers a beautiful way to combine functionality and unique decor options.
- New Cabinets and Hardware – New cabinets are generally a given when updating the kitchen. The big dilemma is usually whether you want to paint your existing cabinets or purchase new ones. Either way, you’ll want to upgrade the hardware. Make this one of your big splurge items, so they really stand out and attract attention.
- Soft-Close Glides – Silence cabinets and drawers with soft-close glides.
- New Countertops – Countertop materials range from laminate to granite, marble to quarts, and nearly every type of stone in between.
- Backsplash – Design and create a custom backsplash or entire tile wall behind the range.
- Sink – The kitchen sink is generally used on a daily basis. This is where you clean your hands while preparing foods, clean fruits and vegetables, rinse meats, and maybe even wash dishes. Choose a kitchen sink that will meet your needs and add a personal flare.
- Lighting – Kitchen lighting is extremely important. You have to have adequate lighting for preparing food and many other kitchen-related activities. Create opportunities for task lighting including under-cabinet lights. Create the illusion of height in the room by adding lighting above the top cabinets.
- The Ceiling – Homes built in the 80s and 90s often have textured ceilings. Smooth ceilings are becoming more popular as they are the perfect home for recessed lighting, and they create a cleaner looking space.
Create your own unique space in your kitchen. Consider creating a kitchen nook by a bay window so you can sit occasionally while cooking, refer to your cookbook, or relax with a snack. You are, after all, the reason for the kitchen remodeling project; take this opportunity to completely personalize it.
Thank you or stopping by the website and allowing us to share our ideas with you. Take a look at our gallery of past projects to see how we can create the kitchen of your dreams. Call us at 724-335-8515 to schedule an appointment to discuss your kitchen design ideas in detail.