Did you know that the average bathroom remodel is around $12,000? That’s a lot of money, especially if you are really just looking to improve the appearance of your bathroom. If your bathroom is functioning well, you may want to consider a few things that you can do in a weekend without breaking the bank. Here are 5 things that you can do to increase your bathroom’s appeal in just one weekend:
- Scrub it All: Yes, we know that your bathroom is already clean, but by taking the time to scrub every nook and cranny in it, you will be able to see what needs to be done. For example, can that rust on your light fixture be removed with a little elbow grease or does it need to be replaced? As you go through your bathroom, make a list of what needs to be repaired and what needs to be replaced. Once you have completed the items on your list, your bathroom will look better than ever!
- Add Paint to Your Walls: Adding paint to your bathroom walls is the easiest way to improve the look of the space. You can pick a bright and bold color or you can go with one of the timeless and classic ones. If you are more adventurous, we recommend that you choose something other than paint, like wallpaper, wainscoting, or tiles.
- Upgrade Your Hardware: All those knobs and pulls in your bathroom can easily be changed over the weekend and new ones can make quite the difference in the look of your bathroom. While you’re replacing these, you might want to consider replacing your faucets, towel bars, and even your toilet paper holder. This will ensure that you have matching finishes throughout your new bathroom.
- Add Some More Lighting: No one wants to have just one light in their bathroom anymore, so we recommend that you put more lighting in yours. Pendant lights, chandeliers, and wall sconces are perfect options and many of them can be placed on dimmer switches for the ultimate lighting experience.
- Create More Storage: Lack of storage can make your bathroom look cluttered and unappealing. This can be an easy fix if you keep your options open. Floating shelves, narrow cabinets, and baskets are all fabulous options for adding more storage to your bathroom.
All these options can help you create an amazing bathroom space in just one weekend. There will be little remodeling involved, yet your bathroom will be better than you ever imagined, and that is what is most important.
Bathroom Remodeling in the Pittsburgh Area
MF Whalen Contracting is located in New Kensington and we provide services throughout the greater Pittsburg area. Bathroom remodeling is an excellent wintertime project because most of the work is done on the interior of the home. Give us a call at 724-335-8515 to schedule an appointment for a consultation with us. We’ll help you design the perfect bathroom for your home and for your family’s needs.