The appearance of your house from the street is very important. No one wants people to walk past or drive by their house and think that the house is falling apart and in dire need of repair. One quick and easy way to improve the look of your home is to install new gutters. The new gutters will not only help your house look better, they will also keep your house safe from the rain, snow, and ice.
Gutters may be small and they may seem like they are an unimportant feature on your home, but they actually do quite a lot. Some of the benefits that your gutters provide are:
- Preserve your exterior doors – the elements cannot reach the doors as easily
- Keep sidewalks and driveways from cracking
- Prevent water damage to siding
- Prevent landscaping and yard from eroding
- Prevent water staining on bricks and stones
- Prevent your house from flooding
Your old gutters may have been letting water reach all of these places, but your new gutters will let the water flow through them until it reaches its proper destination.
When you have your new gutters installed, you may want to consider leaf guards. These guards will prevent leaves from clogging the insides of your new gutters and they will also prevent birds and other animals from building nests inside as well.
You will still need to do some preventative maintenance with your new gutters, so that the water continues to flow, but it will be minimal. Some of the maintenance will include:
- Keeping the downspouts free from blockages – this includes nests
- Hosing out the gutters to remove any loose dirt and debris that finds its way inside
- If you do not have a leaf guard, you will need to remove leaves and sticks that fall into your gutters
- Remove nests that may have been built on top of the gutters
By replacing your gutters now, you will be saving yourself the headache of water damage to the inside of your house or to your yard. Your new gutters will work a lot better and they will look a lot nicer too.
We look forward to the opportunity to help you repair or replace your home’s guttering system. We’re located in New Kensington and provide all types of remodeling and home improvement to Pittsburgh area homeowners. Take a look at our gallery of past projects and give us a call at 724-335-8515 to schedule an appointment for a consultation.