A home renovation project can be as simple as painting a few rooms or as complex as tearing down walls to redesign rooms. Renovating your home can make it feel much bigger and it gives you the opportunity to modernize it as well. At Michael F. Whalen Contracting, we work with homeowners who want to improve the layout and design of the interior of their home on a regular basis. Our goal is to help you renovate, modernize, and redesign the inside of your home so that it will provide years of enjoyment and enhance your lifestyle.
Ideas for Your Home Renovations
- Finish the Basement – Making use of your basement can nearly double the square footage of your home if you have a full basement.
- Finish the Attic – The attic is generally overlooked by homeowners because the space is small. It is actually the perfect spot for extra storage or even to finish as a child’s playroom. You may even turn the attic into a pillow room for relaxation and reading.
- Redesign the Living Room – Drop the living room floor to create a play area or a conversation pit. Create a super comfortable spot to just relax and get away from it all.
- Redesign the Bedrooms – Turn unused bedrooms into suites or split a very large bedroom into two smaller rooms for other purposes.
- Build a platform in a guest room to use as storage. Create trap doors in the platform where you can store blankets and other large items.
- Turn an old garden shed into something magical. Add windows to allow sunlight so you can start plants inside or turn it into a cute art studio or playhouse.
- Build a hidden room somewhere; you know you’ve always wanted to since you saw it on cartoons as a kid. Now is the time to create a moving staircase or sliding bookshelf.
- Create an amazing spa shower experience. Turn your entire bathroom into your own personal spa with steam shower.
- Declutter the kitchen by installing trash and recycling chutes that automatically deliver the trash to bins in the basement or garage.
- Add a mini fridge to your kitchen island to make certain things more convenient.
- Add a jetted sink to your laundry room so you can more easily wash hand-wash items.
The options for renovating your home are nearly endless. You can create an open floor plan in a home that feels too claustrophobic, build storage or seating under the stairs, or any host of other things. The decision is ultimately yours and we make it our goal to help you design your renovations with safety and comfort in mind. Tell us what you want out of the design and we’ll put our creativity and expertise to work.
Thank you for stopping by the website and allowing us to share our ideas with you. Take a look at our gallery of past projects to see how we can help renovate your existing home to create your dream home. Call us at 724-335-8515 to schedule an appointment to discuss your home renovation ideas in detail.