If you are the type of person who loves to be outdoors and you don’t have a deck, then it is time to get to work and build one! Instead of wasting away your summer with a lawn chair or two plopped down in your yard, you can be sitting in style on your brand-new deck with a drink in your hand.
The first thing that you will want to do is decide how large you want your deck. The size will only be limited by the amount of space that you have, any existing structural pieces, and of course, your budget. We recommend that you make your deck large enough to expand with your needs over the years if at all possible.
Once you know how large your deck is going to be, you can plan the more exciting options. These options can include:
- Built-in seating and storage – These seats will allow you to have plenty of seating for family and friends, plus have storage for anything that you might need while you are out there.
- Plants – Plants can add color and style to a deck and you can choose potted plants, hanging plants, and even climbing vines and flowers.
- Pergola – A pergola can add shade while dividing your deck into numerous areas. You can add flowing fabric, flowers, or vines to your pergola to make it more visually appealing.
- Fountains or waterfalls – There is nothing more relaxing than the sound of running water and fountains and waterfalls can offer the ultimate relaxation experience.
- Outdoor kitchen – No one says that you cannot bring the inside out and an outdoor kitchen is a wonderful addition to any deck. You can make this space as basic or elaborate as you want, but some options include a grill, sink, cabinets, counters, refrigerator, dishwasher, and oven.
- Fire pit – A wood burning fire pit might not work well on a deck, but you can purchase a gas or propane fire pit to keep you warm on those chilly mornings and evenings.
There are many more options available for your new deck and we can help you make decisions and answer any questions that you may have. If you begin now, you will have your new deck finished soon, which means you will be able to sit outside in style sooner than later.
Take a look at these other great ideas for decks and porches and our gallery of past projects to check out our workmanship. Give us a call at 724-335-8515 if you’re in New Kensington or the surrounding area and would like to discuss building a deck or remodeling your existing deck to include some of the incredible additions we’ve listed here.