A deck is an impressive way to add functionality, square footage, and curb appeal to your home. A traditional deck will provide a great exterior space to relax or entertain friends, and it will add to the beauty of the exterior of your home. At Michael F. Whalen Contracting, we work with homeowners who want to enjoy their deck and make a statement with truly unique deck design. Our goal is to help you create an amazing deck that will provide many years of enjoyment and be the envy of the neighborhood.
Ideas for Your Deck
Everyone is familiar with the traditional deck. It’s a square or rectangle with rails and stairs leading to the lawn or patio. Take a few of these deck designs into consideration as well:
- Multi Level Deck: Create a deck with multiple levels to separate specific areas. The levels don’t need to be more than a couple of steps apart to really create a unique appearance. You may even build with the slope of your lawn if it is uneven.
- Multi Story Deck: Build an amazing deck that leads from the upstairs bedroom balcony to the first floor, and then to the ground. A multi-story deck has many advantages over a single story traditional deck.
- Water Features: Add an element of relaxation with water features designed for the deck. Build your own waterfall, add a hot tub, enjoy a bird bath, or add a small pond for fish.
- Fire Features: Add a fire pit, torches for ambient lighting, or an outdoor fireplace to snuggle up on cool evenings.
- Pergola: Add a pergola, arbor, or gazebo for an extra sitting area and to add visual appeal. Use the structure to grow flowering vines, hang a variety of potted plants, hang a swing or add other comfortable furnishings. Some homeowners use string lighting, such as white holiday lights, to create a lovely ambient lighting option.
- Outdoor Kitchen: A grill is a staple for many decks. Take your outdoor cooking and entertainment a step further by building an outdoor kitchen, a brick oven, or other cooking equipment.
The overall design for your deck is ultimately your decision. We will be around to help you choose the design elements and material types that will be used. Share your ideas with us so we can start making plans for your new custom deck.
Thank you for stopping by the website and allowing us to share our ideas with you. Take a look at our gallery of past projects to see how we can design and build a deck that will improve your quality of life, increase the functional square footage of your home, and increase your home’s curb appeal as well. Call us at 724-335-8515 to schedule an appointment to discuss your deck ideas in detail.