A basement remodeling project is one of the most effective ways to increase the functional square footage of your home. A full basement remodel will nearly double the square footage of your home, creating an impressive amount of living space. At Michael F. Whalen Contracting, we work with homeowners just like you who want to improve their home from top to bottom. Our goal is to help you create an amazing basement that will provide many years of enjoyment.
Ideas for Your Basement
You probably know exactly what you want to do with your basement, but we wanted to offer up some suggestions for additional ideas if you would like to expand your vision. Take a few of these ideas into consideration:
- Sports Bar – Create your own sports bar and grille in the basement so you can enjoy game day in style with your friends. No more dealing with groups of rowdy sports fans while trying to enjoy the big game.
- Child’s Playroom – Children are messy. They don’t pick up their toys, and it can be a bit of a hassle to keep the living room clean in case unexpected company stops by.
- Pet Playroom – Winter is difficult on our furry friends because they can’t get out and run off their extra energy very easily. Springtime rains also make it difficult for them to really run and have fun without tracking mud back into the home. Create a pet playroom so they can play and run off energy regardless of weather.
- Movie Theater – Create the perfect movie viewing room. Include a wide screen television or a projector to watch movies in style. Make the room as formal or as comfortable as you want.
- Entertainment Center – Build a large, comfortable seating area with a big screen television and several game consoles. Include an area with a few computers if your family enjoys computer games as well as console games.
- Gym – We have to include this one because it’s an all time favorite for many homeowners, and it is gaining popularity all over again. The home gym is a great way to stay in shape, or get back into shape, without having to leave the comfort of your home.
- An Apartment – Create a separate apartment for guests, elderly parents, older children, or as a rental unit.
- Mud Room – A mud room or downstairs utility room is a great option if your basement has an exterior entryway. Lawn work and gardening are messy work, and having a way to isolate the messy clothing and shoes from the rest of your home is priceless.
- Trophy Room – Whether you or someone else in your home plays sports, or you have a great collection of vintage items that you would like to showcase, your own basement trophy or memorabilia room is the perfect place to display your prizes.
You can, of course, choose to add organized storage, an extra bedroom, a craft room, a workshop, or a host of other rooms in the basement area. The decision is ultimately yours, and we make it our goal to help you design and build your basement remodeling project to perfection. Tell us what you want out of your basement, and we’ll begin the design process.
Thank you for stopping by the website and allowing us to share our ideas with you. Take a look at our gallery of past projects to see how we can create the basement of your dreams. Call us at 724-335-8515 to schedule an appointment to discuss your basement design ideas in detail.