Homeowners have their own ideas of what they want or need in their home, but there are certain upgrades that almost everyone will agree are necessary in every home. If you have been thinking about making upgrades to your home, you may want to consider a few of these options.
Here are 5 upgrades every home needs:
- Radiant Floor Heating: Tile tends to get pretty cold here in the greater Pittsburgh area. Radiant floor heating is a wonderful upgrade for your bathroom and kitchen specifically. These floors will keep your feet warm, especially during those middle of the night trips to the bathroom or that quick midnight snack.
- Garage Pedestrian Doors: Most homes have a door that goes directly out to the garage, but if yours does not, it’s time to have one installed. This will allow you to enter your garage without going outside first, which is nice in inclement weather. A pedestrian door, which allows you to enter the garage without raising the garage door, is also very convenient.
- Install a Fireplace: Few things are more relaxing than sitting in front of a fireplace late at night with a glass of wine or cup of coffee or tea. A gas fireplace is one of the better options, because all you need to do is flip a switch to turn it on. However, a fireplace that burns wood is just as wonderful if you do not mind the campfire type smell throughout your home.
- Add Another Bathroom: No home ever has too many bathrooms, so see if you can find the space to add a bathroom for each bedroom or a half bath near the kitchen or dining room. Placing a bathroom in your basement is a great option, especially if your basement is finished.
- All Things Tech: Smart appliances, camera or video doorbells, alarm systems, surround sound systems, and other smart home features are being added to homes around the world. After all, additional technology is the way of the future, and there will be a time when we won’t need to move to turn anything on or off. You can start small with a new smart refrigerator or stove and then work your way up to a smart shower, smart lights, and a smart thermostat.
These five upgrades can turn your house into the home of your dreams, as will any other upgrades that you decide to do. If you aren’t sure what upgrades are the best for your home, we can help you out with expert advice and even help you choose the best materials for the job. Call us at 724-335-8515 if you’re in New Kensington or the surrounding areas and would like to discuss your 2018 home improvement ideas with us.